There Are Eight (8) Kinds of Australia Student Visas.

No votes

A student who wishes to study in Australia but is not a citizen of Australia needs an Australian Student Visa to do so. A student visa is required for any international student applying for a course in Australia that lasts at least six months.

A student must have deposited the required school fee for the course of study and received an acceptance letter from a Canadian university in order to be eligible to apply for an Australian student visa.

Types of student visas for Australia
There are eight main categories of student visas for Australia. Depending on their profile, international students can select any of these visas. The following are highlighted categories of student visas:

1. Subclass 570 independent ELICOS Sector visa
This visa is for international students who want to study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) full-time in Australia. Students must apply in the subclass relevant to the main course if they must choose ELICOS as a prerequisite for another course.

2. Visa for the Schools Sector (subclass 571).
Students from other countries who wish to reside in Australia and pursue a full-time educational program are eligible for this visa. The course of study can be a recognized secondary school exchange program or a primary school course, including junior and senior secondary.

3. Visa for the Vocational Education and Training Sector (subclass 572).
Foreign students who wish to remain in Australia to complete a full-time vocational education and training course, such as a Diploma or Advanced Diploma, are eligible for this visa.

4. Subclass 573 Higher Education Sector Visa
Students from other countries who wish to study for a full-time higher education course, such as a bachelor’s degree, post-graduate certificate, or graduate diploma, are eligible for this visa.

5. Subclass 574 postgraduate research sector visa
Students seeking a doctoral degree and intending to reside in Australia are eligible for this visa.

6. Visa for the non-award sector (subclass 575).
Students from other countries who wish to study full-time in Australia for either a non-award foundation studies program or another full-time program (or portions of a course) that will not result in the award of an Australian degree are eligible for this visa.

7. Visa (subclass 576) for the Defense or Foreign Affairs sectors.
Students from other countries who are sponsored by AusAID or the Defence can apply for this visa to study in Australia for any type of full-time program.

8. Visa for a Student Guardian (subclass 580).
International students who wish to remain in Australia can obtain this visa.

Posted on:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *